Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Concrete Kills



In my book Roots Demystified, Change Your Gardening Habits to Help Roots Thrive I talk about how important it is to allow the soil to breath for the best growth of roots. Roots with compaction or hardscape don't thrive. Here's a large, formerly beautiful, oak tree surrounded by a parking lot, driveway, sidewalk, and street. As the butchered pruning shows, the tree is rapidly dying over the past five years - a short period of time for an oak tree that can last for several hundred years or more. Such a glorious tree slowly dieing due to an anaerobic form of root bondage.

“BUY FROM THE SOURCE TO HELP KEEP WRITERS WRITING”


Let me know what you think.Visit my web site to learn about my new book on drip irrigation and other gardening books.NOTE: The comments section at the bottom of the post has disappeared. Click on the "___ Comments" button or the title under the "Blog Archives". Thanks, Robert

No comments: