Monday, June 14, 2010

Get Your Wet Spots Figured Out




The drawing in the middle is from my book Drip Irrigation – For Every Landscapes & All Climates, it shows an ideal view of how the wet spots on the surface merge together 2-6 inches below the soil’s surface. The photo on the left shows the spots of irrigation on the surface of potting soil filling a horse trough. Notice how much of the soil appears to be dry. The other photograph shows the soil after I created a hole 4 inches deep – moisture is in the entire block of soil. These emitters are the 1/4-inch inline tubing with emitters every 12 inches. I’ll show, in later blogs, the resulting growth.


“BUY FROM THE SOURCE TO HELP KEEP WRITERS WRITING”


Let me know what you think. Visit my web site to learn about my new book on drip irrigation and other gardening books. Thanks, Robert

No comments: